Access Violation at address ERROR

All around LEONARDO 4 (and previous 2014)
Carol_Torres

Access Violation at address ERROR

Postby Carol_Torres » Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:47 am

Dear Community

I am currently working on a simulation of air temperature with the latest version of ENVImet (445). However, I am constantly receiving message errors of Access Violation in Leonardo, as I try to upload a file (File Set A), to the point sometimes, that I can´t upload any file. Re-installing the software or looking for recent updates has not helped, and it is happening in two computers (both computers worked well with the previous version).

The errors are the following (incl. attachments):
"Access violation at address 0000000000413888 in module "Leonardo4.exe". Read of address 0000000100000015".
"Access violation at address 000000000011A008D in module "Leonardo4.exe". Read of address 0000000000000080".

Is there any solution for this? Any suggestion is welcome =)

Thanks in advance

Carol

Greetings
Picture2.png
Picture1.png

Tim

Re: Access Violation at address ERROR

Postby Tim » Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:47 am

Hi Carol,

We made some small adjustments in the new Leonardo version. However, I could not reproduce your error, yet. Could you add more details? Are you doing a comparison map? Which height / cut did you want to extract? Does your model area have a terrain?

Best regards,
Tim

Carol_Torres

Postby Carol_Torres » Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:36 pm

Hello Tim,

Thanks for your quick response.

My model is very simple (See pictures). It has no terrain (if you mean if it is steep). As you can see, in Spaces I have a "mini world" of buildings with height 15m each (34x34, grid size 5). I have created like 10 variations of this world, varying only the soil/surface material and the roof material. I am trying to observe variations on air temperature at level 2 (pedestrian) and 7 (above roofs) happening in 30 hours, at a coordinate, depending on the selected material. I have ran all cases without errors or problems and worked with these files in a previous version without any problem. The problem seems to have started as I updated the software from 4.4.4 to 4.4.5, and it is happening similarly in both computers (Windows 10, 64bits).

When obtaining my output folder, I start Leonardo to obtain the results of "potential air temperature". The Access violation errors appears from here, and randomly.

To obtain my results I have to upload any of the files of the "atmosphere" folder (any hour) with "Select main data file A". The message error can appear here. It can (or not) leave me upload the file. If it leaves me to upload the file, then it appears at any moment, e.g. when I click on "extract data", or when I click on the coordinate I wish to "explore" - sometimes leaving me to access to the "Map explorer", but sometimes not at all. Sometimes it is possible to ignore the error and go on, but in some occasions it has completely denied me to go through since the beginning. It can appear sometimes too, as I click to expand the windows of Data Navigator, even without having tried to load a file (just to expand it).

I hope these details provide a better overview of my case. Hope you can help. Thanks!

Carol
Attachments
Picture3.png

Tim

Postby Tim » Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:55 pm

Hi Carol,

Thank you for adding all the information. It definitely helps us a lot. I could still not get the error yet but we will manage it somehow and will fix it then. Could you upload your simulation files (e.g. SIMX, INX etc.)?
Please use Leonardo of version 4.4.4 instead. There were only small changes in styling and layout. I hope that you still have the old version (installed it in a different folder).

Best regards,
Tim

Carol_Torres

Postby Carol_Torres » Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:51 pm

Hello Tim,

Thanks again for your cooperation. I will follow your advice.

Please find attached some example files I had problems with.

Greetings
Attachments
Example.rar
Examples of my simulation and results
(656.21 KiB) Downloaded 15 times

Tim

Postby Tim » Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:43 pm

Hi Carol,

I ran your simulation and could open the files successfully every time I tried it. Extracting the data, accessing other timesteps etc... everything worked totally fine. I really don't get it.
Do you have all of the different case study simulation output files within one atmosphere folder?

Best regards,
Tim

Carol_Torres

Postby Carol_Torres » Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:05 am

Hi Tim,

As you can see in my picture, all of the different case study simulation output files are not within one atmosphere folder. I maintain the folder structure that is created during the simulation as it comes, I do not make changes.

I attached too a short video, for you to see my way to extract the data and how the message interrupts the process, although it is not exactly happening the same way every time. As I said, the message appear randomly and sometimes showing two different code numbers.

I hope the video helps. I am almost done with my analysis by now, however, I am happy to keep collaborating further or trying remote support in the following days, as I may need to come back to my results in the following weeks.

All the best

Carol
Attachments
2020-06-05 10-40-40.rar
(11.61 MiB) Downloaded 22 times
fOLDER.png

Tim

Postby Tim » Mon Jun 08, 2020 2:42 pm

Hi Carol,

The video definitely helps understanding when it happens, thank you!
However, we still have not seen the error for ourselves, yet. Neither with your output files nor with the output files we got by running your simulation files. The only thing we can imagine is that there are some strange files in the output folder, e.g. we never do the CHECK before the simulation run... it is also performed during simulation initialization. Maybe those CHECK output files lead to the strange Leonardo behaviour?

Best regards,
Tim

Ila

Postby Ila » Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:02 am

Hi Tim and Carol,
I've got the same problems with Leonardo.
This type of error message makes the analysis very annoying because I have to close and reopen Leo almost every time!
Do you find a solution?
I try to select also an old output file created with a previous version of Envi, but the error persists...
Thanks for your attention,
Regards,

Ilaria

Laura

Postby Laura » Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:01 am

Dear Ilaria,

Does this error occur with every file you try to open? Can you try out just having one time step in a separate folder (EDX and EDT) and opening this? Does the error still occur then?

Please make sure you have downloaded the latest version of our software from this website: http://www.envi-met.net/hg2e/doku.php?id=files:downloadv4

Best,
Laura

Carol_Torres

Postby Carol_Torres » Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:05 am

Ila wrote:Hi Tim and Carol,
I've got the same problems with Leonardo.
This type of error message makes the analysis very annoying because I have to close and reopen Leo almost every time!
Do you find a solution?
I try to select also an old output file created with a previous version of Envi, but the error persists...
Thanks for your attention,
Regards,

Ilaria

Dear Ilaria

Up to now, I could not find a solution. It happens with all files in all sessions, in 2 computers. I had to keep on working this way. I may try what Laura here suggests and let you know if it helps.

Hope we can find a solution soon

Carol

Ila

Postby Ila » Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:11 am

Dear Carol and Laura,
Thanks for your responses.
With Leo 4.5 the error always occurs,
I tried with an only time step in a new folder and the error didn't occur!
It's a good result, but I think that it couldn't be the ultimate solution if we have to analyze and compare a lot of data and different hours...
Anyway, If I use the previous version of Leonardo (4.4.4) the error doesn't occur!
I hope there is a solution for Leonardo 4.5!

Thank you for your attention,

Ilaria

Laura

Postby Laura » Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:21 am

Dear Ilaria,

Thank you for trying this out. Do I understand it right that the error does not occur at all with 4.4.4 or does it also occur with 4.4.4?
And with both versions, it does not occur if you have one output timestep in a folder? How many timesteps do you have in the folder when it crashes (how many days)?

If it is not that many timesteps, you could add one timestep at a time and then see when Leonardo crashes. Would you be able to do this? This is of course not a solution, but a way of narrowing down the problem and then (hopefully) fixing it.

Best,
Laura

Ila

Postby Ila » Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:21 am

Dear Laura,
My output folders have 48 hours.
With Leonardo 4.5 the error occurs with the original 48h folders. The error disappears with only one timestep.
With Leonardo 4.4.4 the error doesn't occur at all!
For now, I think that I'll bypass the problem using 4.4.4.
As soon as I can, I'll try your suggestion to see when Leonardo 4.5 crashes. Thank you!

Best,

Ilaria

MJ_SCH

Postby MJ_SCH » Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:42 am

Hey there,

i just wanted to add that (at least on my PC) this problem also occurs when trying to display/modify .INX files in SPACES created by MONDE. When working with 4.4.4. release, there are no error warnings anymore.

Best regards,
Mathias

Return to “LEONARDO 4”