Sunhours (from Facade File)

All around LEONARDO
msiller

Sunhours (from Facade File)

Post by msiller »

Hello,

I have a question on the 3D representation of "Wall Sunhours" (from Facade File) in the module leonardo:
Only the east and north faced walls are showing reasonable sunhours, while the south and west faces experience no (=0) sunhours.
Do you have any idea whats going wrong here? The simulation was run with simple forcing.

Thanks,
Maria

Tim

Re: Sunhours (from Facade File)

Post by Tim »

Hi Maria,

Please check latitude and longitude values of your model area, maybe you mixed them up? Also check that reference timezone longitude was filled in correctly (at best filled in automatically by the Find Location option in Spaces).

Best regards,
Tim

msiller

Post by msiller »

Hello Tim,

Thanks for your quick answer. The lat/lon are correct. Also sun hours on terrain level seems fine!

Best regards,
Maria

Tim

Post by Tim »

Hi Maria,

Could you check the shortwave radiation received values at these facade elements? I remember faintly that we fixed the sun hour outputs a few weeks ago in our code in preparation for V5 but I am not sure about it.

Best regards,
Tim

msiller

Post by msiller »

In which file do I find the radiation on facades? (in the radiation folder I can only find the 2D data).

I am using Version 4.4.6. Does it mean, that i might have to upgrade my Envimet Version?

Thanks,
Maria

Tim

Post by Tim »

Hi Maria,

It is license depending. If you have a license, you will get a buildings/dynamic output folder, where you'll find the facade data in 3D mode.

Best regards,
Tim

msiller

Post by msiller »

Thanks for the hint, I didn't know about this dynamic building data.

Okay, so I do receive shortwave radiation on the south and west walls (around 400 W/m2 at 13 UTC), and especially I do receive (as expected) more radiation on the south side than on the north exposed walls.
So I guess the data and also the location on earth is okay..

Maria

Tim

Post by Tim »

Hi Maria,

Perfect! We will doublecheck if we already fixed the sun hour issue in the output variable.

Best regards,
Tim