Read beyond end of file

All around LEONARDO 4 (and previous 2014)
verticalgreenteam

Read beyond end of file

Postby verticalgreenteam » Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:49 pm

Hello,

After running a simulation with a street full of living green walls (160x160 is total area), I get a "read beyond end of file" error when extracting the parameters in 'dynamic' - 'buildings'. The other parameters are working fine. In a simulation with less living green walls, there occured no errors when extracting parameters. The file sizes for .EDT and .EDX are the same

Tim

Re: Read beyond end of file

Postby Tim » Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:30 pm

Hi,

Does the error occur only for the greening parameters or for all of the building parameters in this output file?

Best regards,
Tim

verticalgreenteam

Postby verticalgreenteam » Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:24 pm

The error only occurs in 3D view when selecting any cell on any building. Is it possible the error occurs because I used another simulation file( because I need the same settings anyway) but only changed the .INX area file and not the name of the folder and the names of the output files?

Tim

Postby Tim » Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:11 am

Hi,

Yes, that could be the problem. If files have the same name, the program might read the model area information from an EDT file which has the information for the other INX file causing the error of reading beyond end of file.
Make sure that you use the latest version 4.4.3. You could also check other simulation results where you did not change the INXfile etc. It should work properly there.

Best regards,
Tim

Return to “LEONARDO 4”