3D tree

3D Tree Design
Shamila110

3D tree

Postby Shamila110 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:39 pm

Dear Tim,

I made 3D trees but when I use them in the model, some parts of the tree are not shown or disappeared in 3D view.
Is there any reason for this?

77.JPG
77.JPG (38.76 KiB) Viewed 40 times
22.JPG
1.JPG

Also, I need to model a few trees with a width of 5-7 m. My cell size is 4 m. Would you please let me know how 3D trees will be reflected in the model (number of cells)?

Thanks
Sham

Tim

Re: 3D tree

Postby Tim » Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:46 pm

Hi Sham,

The resolution is the reason for the parts of trees no being representated exactly as you defined them in Albero. They need to be gridded in cell resolution and thus need to lose their original shape. If the majority of a cell is filled by the tree, it is gridded with its LAD.
In 4 m resolution, a tree of 7 m in size will probably take 2 cells leading to an actual tree width of 8 m.
If you want to define it more properly, you will have to decrease the resolution to 1 m or 2 m.

Best regards,
Tim

Shamila110

Postby Shamila110 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:09 pm

Thanks Tim.

I used exactly the same tree in one road - only a few of them loose their shape and small part of the tree is presented in 3D view. Also this happens only in certain cells and not necessarily in the nearby grid/s.

Is it only presentation bug in spaces or any other reason cause this? I can’t think of any other reason for this as every time I delete and add the same tree in that area to try, random part of tree is disappeared.

For the second question, what do you suggest me to do as I have made 15 trees already and need to make sure they are reasonable before running the simulation. Trees with the width of 5 m are taking 3 cells in the model which is strange. I expected them to take 2 grids in SPACES but they are taking 3. Trees with spread of 12 are also taking 3 cells.

Is there any way to adjust the smaller trees or I should make the tree from scratch? And in case of 5m tree, if I change the width to 4m, does it take 1 grid (I assume it will perform like 2 D tree then), is that correct?

Thanks a lot.
Sham

Shamila110

Postby Shamila110 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:25 pm

tree.JPG

Please see the file attached here from another angle.
It shows where I put the same type of tree but some of them have to been appeared in 3D view or partially presented.

Tim

Postby Tim » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:41 am

Hi Sham,

Hm, that's strange. They somehow look as if they are partially atop of the building and partially not.
They may take more cells than expected (being larger than correct) in order to maintain most of their specific shape. Try to build more simplified trees from the scratch and see if that might be more accurate.
In order to find out if it is only a visual bug in Spaces, you may run the simulation (only one output) and check the results in Leonardo 3D View. If the trees are gridded correctly there, it is only a visual glitch.

Best regards,
Tim

Shamila110

Postby Shamila110 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:05 am

Hi Tim,

Thanks for your advice.
In Leonardo, 3D view, all trees are presented, no missing part is shown.

Regards
Sham

Return to “Albero”