synchronization of the database

Items concerning the Databasemanager
ccolinea

synchronization of the database

Post by ccolinea »

Hi,
I have a question about actualization of the database. I have created a profile and a soil in my User database. I have then used them both to modelize on SPACES.
If I change the properties of my profile and my soil in the database after modelizing when I will run the simulation, which poperties ENVI-met will take into account ?
Will it select the initial data or the last changes I had made in the database ?

Otherwise, I would like to know if they were a place where to download components for to implemebt the database ?
Best regards, Clara

Tim

Re: synchronization of the database

Post by Tim »

Hi Clara,

ENVI-met loads all database properties at the simulation start. If you changed the values before that, the new values are loaded automatically.

There are no components that can be downloaded for the database. If you want to create/modify materials, you need to search for their properties in literature or on websites.

Best regards,
Tim

ccolinea

Post by ccolinea »

Thanks a lot for yor response Tim !

ccolinea

Post by ccolinea »

Hi Tim, I have an other question about the profile dataBase, what do the parameters "ExtraID", "Additional value 1" and "Additional value 2" refer to ?
Best regards,
Clara

helge

Post by helge »

Dear Clara,

these parameters are only for internal use, we don't recommend changing them

Best
Helge

ccolinea

Post by ccolinea »

Hi,
I have questions about the database :
1) How can I modelize a surface covered by vegetation that is watered ?
Is it correct if I apply "True" on the criteria "Surface is irrigated" of the profile under the vegetation ?

2) I had created new profiles on my Userdatabase and I have used them in my Area.inx. Then I have used a different computer to start my simulation (but that's the same licence).
When I have checked my Area.inx in SPACES on the second computer, its says thats the profiles I had created are "unknow profiles", and indeed they are absent of the database.
So what did happen during the simulation, what did ENVI-met took instead of my own profiles ?

Best regards,

Clara

Tim

Post by Tim »

Hi Clara,

1. Yes, you could try that but I don't think that it has the effect that you hope for. However, soil humidity that has influence on the vegetation is mainly controlled by the soil humidity settings that can only be defined for simulation start and only for all soil profiles at once.
2. Database needs to be available on the other PC of course. We always use projectdatabases because data cannot get lost then (if you copy the whole project folder with all simulation files etc. onto the other PC). If the simulation ran without the database, the materials are replaced by default materials. Unknown plants are deleted.

Best regards,
Tim