Unrealistic results (i.e. high Relative Humidity)

Something strange in your ENVI-met? Please post here...
elesay25

Unrealistic results (i.e. high Relative Humidity)

Postby elesay25 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:03 am

Dear ENVI-met community,

I have been working on ENVI-met models for a project. However, I have realized some problems with the results that show Relative Humidity results are higher than 100% (110-130%). That is physically not possible indeed. Also, temperature and Tmrt values are lower than expected. However, I couldn't find the problem of the model of urban context. Maybe some details or some settings regarding the simulation might cause the error which I didn't realize yet.
May I ask kindly you to check the model files and inform me about the issue?
PS. I am using measured air temperature and relative humidity values for forced values.

https://sutdapac-my.sharepoint.com/:u:/g/personal/elif_aydin_mymail_sutd_edu_sg/EXeXKjgGSOtOsWLc5vlSmdIB5uKYDP4ycr0xUeCmSLIo3g?e=9VLEzV
https://sutdapac-my.sharepoint.com/:u:/g/personal/elif_aydin_mymail_sutd_edu_sg/EQ-c1Uc5BPZGh1pdhix0rx8BUcwFxKFJjScCj9mlzPidvQ?e=6MNBmk

Thanks in advance,
Elif

enviadmin
Site Admin

Re: Unrealistic results (i.e. high Relative Humidity)

Postby enviadmin » Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:06 am

Hello
it is not possible for us to check your files as a service.
The relative humidity is not not a prognostic value of ENVI- met, only the air temperature and the specific humidity. If those values are in an unrealistic relationship, rel humidity values above 100% occure as ENVI- met does not support condensation in the air
Michael

Tim

Postby Tim » Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:56 pm

Hi,

In general, those issues occurr, if there is not enough space between building cells (only 1 grid cell) or between buildings cells and the model border.
Make sure that there is sufficient space (several grid cells) between building cells themselves and between buildings and model border and restart your simulation.

Best regards
Tim

elesay25

Postby elesay25 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:53 am

Dear Micheal and Tim,

Thanks for explanation and suggestions.
I will recheck the model and border issue.

Regards,
Elif

yasseribrahim

Postby yasseribrahim » Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:04 pm

Hi Tim

I'm running simulations on a geometry having 6 cells on borders (12 meters) and 5 cells between buildings (10 meters) but I'm still having humidity values greater than 100%. I'm using the full forcing by .epw files of Bristol, UK, which already has initial humidity values of around 70-80%. So, I get these values in the outputs and I have no idea what to do. Thanks in advance

Best regards,
Yasser

Return to “Bug Reports”