model boundary/open space

Discussions about the Version 4 concerning the core model simulations
LyMier

model boundary/open space

Post by LyMier »

Hello, I want to know how to define model boundaries?What is the concrete basis for the definition of model boundary?I am troubled by this and want an answer.
Best wish!

Tim

Re: model boundary/open space

Post by Tim »

Hi,

The model boundaries are the horizontal and vertical outlines of your model area.

Best regards,
Tim

LyMier

Post by LyMier »

Tim wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:17 am Hi,

The model boundaries are the horizontal and vertical outlines of your model area.

Best regards,
Tim
Hi, Tim. Thanks for your answer. I have another question.For the input of meteorological conditions, should I use data from the weather station or field measurements?If it is measured data, then how to choose which of the multiple measurement points as the input condition?Moreover, the input wind speed is required to be 10m high, while the measured data are often at the pedestrian height. What should I do?

Tim

Post by Tim »

Hi,

You can choose the input data at your liking and depending on your research topic. Weather station data mainly contains wind speed data from 10 m height. However, you can simply change the measurement height in the CSV file import for forcing data to the height where your data was measured at. The data needs to be averaged to 30-minute intervals to match the forcing file requirements.

Best regards,
Tim

LyMier

Post by LyMier »

Tim wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:02 pm Hi,

You can choose the input data at your liking and depending on your research topic. Weather station data mainly contains wind speed data from 10 m height. However, you can simply change the measurement height in the CSV file import for forcing data to the height where your data was measured at. The data needs to be averaged to 30-minute intervals to match the forcing file requirements.

Best regards,
Tim
Tim, thank you for your answer. What you mean is that I can input with measured data, but I need to use forcing conditions and ensure that my data is measured every 30 minutes. Is that right?Can I use the weather station data as input and then use the measured data to validate the simulation results?
Best wish!

Tim

Post by Tim »

Hi,

Yes, you could try that. Data does not have to be measured in 30-minute interval but the input file has to be in this interval. So, data often needs to be extra- or interpolated to achieve this interval.

Best regards,
Tim

LyMier

Post by LyMier »

Tim wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:31 am Hi,

Yes, you could try that. Data does not have to be measured in 30-minute interval but the input file has to be in this interval. So, data often needs to be extra- or interpolated to achieve this interval.

Best regards,
Tim
Hi,Tim,the other question is can I use the data from the city weather station as input and then verify it with the measured data?I would appreciate it very much if you could give me an answer.
Best wish!

Tim

Post by Tim »

Hi,

Yes, my first answer was connected to that:

Code: Select all

Yes, you could try that.
Best regards,
Tim