Access violation error during simulation check

Discussions about the Version 4 concerning the core model simulations
Agnese

Access violation error during simulation check

Postby Agnese » Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:52 pm

Dear ENVImet Team,

I got an access violation error when I run the simulation check with the SIM file attached. The error appears in the phase: "preparing files for test and check output". I've copied-pasted the log up to the error in a word file if it helps understanding the cause.

From the log, I cold see that ENVImet found this error: "ERROR: Number new walls :22777 Number old walls: 22663!!!".
In order to check if that was the problem, I converted the detailed 3D model into a 2D model (loosing all the materials applied to buildings) and tried to run the simulation with the latter. This fixed the error on the 'number of new walls', but did not fix the access violation error.

I would greatly appreciate if you could have a look at the attached files and give me some suggestion on how to fix this problem!
I spent a lot of time in setting up all the different materials in the 3D model and I hope the file is not corrupted...

All the files ( .SIMX, .INX, .FOX, database and ENVImet log) are in the .7z folder attached. Please let me know should you need any other information.

Thank you very much in advance for any help you can provide with this!

Best regards
Agnese
Attachments
files.7z
ENVImet files
(157.81 KiB) Downloaded 7 times
Capture.JPG
Access violation error
Capture.JPG (18.85 KiB) Viewed 23 times

Tim

Re: Access violation error during simulation check

Postby Tim » Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:47 am

Hi Agnese,

I am still running the model in debug mode but a glance on the FOX file already showed me what will be the problem most probably:
You have several timesteps, where the the U and V wind component is 0. Even if that may be not the error here, the simulation will not run properly. You need to enter a valid wind speed of at least more than 0.5 m/s.

Best regards,
Tim

Tim

Postby Tim » Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:02 pm

Hi Agnese,

I ran it with the version online and with our most recent developer version. Both worked fine and started the main module of simulation successfully (attached a screenshot).
It will certainly crash when getting to the timesteps were the wind speed is 0 but I don't see any errors in the initialisation. If it happens during output file setup, did you check that there is sufficient space available for the output files? Besides, I don't see a lot more possibilities for errors there.

Best regards,
Tim
Attachments
Screenshot_Simulation.png

Agnese

Postby Agnese » Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:12 pm

Hi Tim,

many tanks for the advise on the FOX file, I've fixed it.

Also, I've found that the access violation error only happens when I do the simulation check.
I've run the SIM file and it seems working well (it just started the main module after initialization).
However, if I chose to "check" the same file, I still have the access violation error, but I guess this won't affect the results?

Best regards,
Agnese

Tim

Postby Tim » Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:18 am

Hi Agnese,

Well, that is interesting.. then I will check the check ;)
No, it does not affect the results.

Best regards,
Tim

Tim

Postby Tim » Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:55 am

Hi Agnese,

The error occurred in check mode when IVS was activated and receptors were placed. The error is fixed and will be published with the winter release next month.

Best regards,
Tim

Agnese

Postby Agnese » Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:29 am

Hi Tim,

That's great, thanks!

Best regards,
Agnese

Return to “ENVI-met 4 (Main Simulation Model)”