Air temperature results

Post here for very basic questions and request for help...
But: BEFORE you post, read the older posts if your question hasn't been answered before.
Please be specific. Q like "I don't understand ENVI-met" will most likely be ignored.
rvictor

Air temperature results

Postby rvictor » Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:29 pm

I noticed that the simulation results have shown the windward areas warmer than the leeward areas. Initially, I thought I was wrong in some input data. However, other colleagues who conducted research in Brazilian cities have observed the same phenomenon. I wonder if you also observed this question and how can it be explained?

Tim

Re: Air temperature results

Postby Tim » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:51 am

Hi,

An often observed phenomenon is a too hot forcing. If the meteorological boundary conditions are hotter than what ENVI-met would calculate for that specific day and location, the windward areas near the border show higher temperatures than the leeward areas.

Best regards,
Tim

rvictor

Postby rvictor » Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:40 pm

Hi, Tim!
For hot day simulations in tropical cities do you recommend not using forcing?
Ricardo.

rvictor

Postby rvictor » Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:03 pm

Hi, Tim
What could be done to prevent this phenomenon in simulation results using forcing to characterize daily hygrothermal behavior?

Tim

Postby Tim » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:36 am

Hi Ricardo,

I'd still recommend Forcing, especially FullForcing including the radiation data as well.
You may enlarge the space at the model borders. You are then able to cut out the border when you analyze the results in Leonardo.

Best regards,
Tim

Return to “Beginner's Corner”