Average temperature data and percentage of grids by temperature category

Post here for very basic questions and request for help...
But: BEFORE you post, read the older posts if your question hasn't been answered before.
Please be specific. Q like "I don't understand ENVI-met" will most likely be ignored.
rvictor

Average temperature data and percentage of grids by temperature category

Postby rvictor » Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:12 pm

Hi,

I would like to know if it is possible to extract the hourly average temperature from a simulated map. I notice that Leonardo reports the maximum and minimum temperature values ​​below the temperature classes. However, I would like to get, in addition to the maximum and minimum, the average temperature values ​​on a given map. It's possible? How?

I would also like to know if it is possible to identify, as a percentage, the amount of grids corresponding to the given temperature classes. Example: I select 3 temperature classes (20ºC to 25ºC, 25ºC to 30ºC and 30ºC to 35º). I would like to extract data such as: 60% of the area has a temperature of 20ºC to 25ºC, 10% of the area has a temperature of 25ºC to 30ºC ... is it possible?

Beste regards.

Tim

Re: Average temperature data and percentage of grids by temperature category

Postby Tim » Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:31 pm

Hi,

Yes, the average can be calculated in the Data tab using MapScript. Choose AnalyzeMap in the Dropdown menu at the top. Click in the code lines between Begin and End and press the Button Insert. Then click on Run script and you will get the average of that height.

You are able to extract the data for all grid cells of that height by using the Export map layer function. Analysing the data with classes is subsquently possible in Excel or R etc. In 3D view, you may choose those classes as legend classes and color the cubes accordingly if you only want to examine the results visually.

Best regards,
Tim

enviadmin
Site Admin

Re: Average temperature data and percentage of grids by temperature category

Postby enviadmin » Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:09 pm

If the data are loaded, the Histogram of the layer may help in your question of frequency distribution!
Michael

Return to “Beginner's Corner”