Import CSV-File in Full Forcing Manager

Post here for very basic questions and request for help...
But: BEFORE you post, read the older posts if your question hasn't been answered before.
Please be specific. Q like "I don't understand ENVI-met" will most likely be ignored.
MariaH

Import CSV-File in Full Forcing Manager

Post by MariaH »

Hello everyone,

I tried to import a CSV-File using the Full Forcing Manager but as often as I tried, I got the message "Error Loading CSV data. Check file structure, containing data and separator options."

I already checked the following points:
- header in the file, also the checkmark in the "header exists"-box, also tried everything without header
- correct value separators and decimal separators
- no empty cells in the table, for nonexistent values I wrote "0"
- table saved in the correct CSV format
- save used csv-file in the project-folder

Unfortunately all these points didn't solve the problem. Does anybody know the trick/ has an idea how to import the file?
Table in Excel, saved as csv-file
Table in Excel, saved as csv-file
Texteditor
Texteditor
Error after loading the file
Error after loading the file

Tim

Re: Import CSV-File in Full Forcing Manager

Post by Tim »

Hi,

There are two additional empty columns in your dataset, which leads to two ";" in the end of each line. They must not be there.
In addition, the header extends over several lines in your screenshot of the CSV file in the text editor. Check that with Notepad++ as well. The header must be in 1 line only or non-existent.

Best regards,
Tim

MariaH

Post by MariaH »

Thanks Tim,

now the file works after I adjusted the points you mentioned.

But now follows the next problem. When I choose the created fox-file, the time check mostly says "Forcing Data does not cover Sim Date and Time". In the table I have all dates from 00:00 of one day until 23:30 of the next day in 30min steps and as simulation time I chose 48 hours but it doesn't work. I also tried a fox file with an additional line for 23:59 but the error still exists even if I refresh or even restart the Envi-Guide. From time to time it loads (the same fox file) successfully without changing anything. I don't have any idea what's wrong.

I am looking forward to help!

best regards
Maria

Tim

Post by Tim »

Hi Maria,

You will either have to enter another timestep for the last hour (but for 00:00 instead of 23:59) or simply enter 47 hours of simulation time. Otherwise, the simulation will not find any data for the last hour and cannot run.

Best regards,
Tim