Whether this model can run or not

Post here for very basic questions and request for help...
But: BEFORE you post, read the older posts if your question hasn't been answered before.
Please be specific. Q like "I don't understand ENVI-met" will most likely be ignored.
daiwang

Whether this model can run or not

Post by daiwang »

Dear Envi-met team:

I have make a model but it is complicated because it has balcony like this one:
balcony.png
Actually, it looks like this way in the whole
Y1Rr-fxhcvry0686329.jpg
So i made a model in rhino with dragonfly plugin
2.png
3.png
BUT the problem is :
When i put into the ENVI-guide then run the sumlation it always no responding
Could you check my .INX(it is uploaded as attachment in rar) and tell me whether Envimet can simulate such complicated model? If the model is useless how can i improve the model to make it run ?
Because i need to study the vertical greening's thermal effect in this kind of building who has balcony greening.
And now it seems difficult to make model of balcony in the building and it's harder to run the simulation because the z-grids has to be 0.5m or the model will have no balcony :oops:
Thanks for your kind help!
Attachments
DragonflyEnvimet-without context.rar
(1.31 MiB) Downloaded 3 times

daiwang

Re: Whether this model can run or not

Post by daiwang »

when i put into simulation the mouse is alwaying rolling which means no responding. should i wait for it ?Would it rolling forever?
no responding.png

Tim

Post by Tim »

Hi,

As I wrote in your duplicate post already:
If you checked the other posts about this topic in this forum, you would have found that this question was asked about 100 times or so... :D It is absolutely normal that is not responding during the calculation of 3d view factors.
It may take days until the simulation starts running after the 3d view factor calculation.

However, your model will probably not run because you used too many z cells. Try to reach around 30-40 cells. Use a coarser resolution and active splitting. The lowest grid cells is then splitted into 5.

Best regards,
Tim

daiwang

Post by daiwang »

HI, Tim
Thanks for your kind guidance:)
But i have difficult to understand what this sentence mean: "Try to reach around 30-40 cells. Use a coarser resolution and active splitting."
what is 30-40 cell and where could i set resolution?
微信截图_20201125223553.png
Thanks for your patient help~

Tim

Post by Tim »

Hi,

You should probably check the tutorial videos on youtube about ENVI-met. They will help you with the basic.
Shortly here: You highlighted the vertical resolution (dz) in your screenshot. I would increase that to 3 as well. The box above shows the amount of Z cells which is 200. The model will only run in a reasonable amount of time if you go down to 25 or (if more needed because the model height is not enough) to around 40. With splitting enabled, the lowest cell is still in high resolution around 0.5 m.

Best regards,
Tim