WATER SPRAY SOURCE

To this forum, we will move all questions that have been answered before several times or can simply be solved by reading the documentation we provide. Questions moved here will not be answered.
claudia

WATER SPRAY SOURCE

Postby claudia » Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:31 pm

Good afternoon to all the ENVImet staff. I use the v4.4.3 Summer19 licensed version and I'm trying to understand how water sprays work. Once I created them in the database source directory, I tried to use them in the simulation, but some doubts came up. In my case I have 24 nozzles working simultaneously with "point" configuration and with a total flow rate of 1.5 liters / minutes. In the "emission profile user" item, the output is requested every hour: if the flow rate value is requested in µg / s, what should I write under the "hourly emission" item? A further question: is it possible to simulate a water spray with on / off operation? That is, if I had water sprays that work for 20 seconds and stop working every 10 seconds, what value should I write not only in the hourly emission, but also in the "adjust flow step"? Sorry for all these questions, but I really searched everywhere, not just on the forum, but I found little or nothing. For the moment I am doing various test simulations, but the doubts that this is correct are many. Thank you in advance.

Claudia

Tim

Re: WATER SPRAY SOURCE

Postby Tim » Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:32 pm

Hi Claudia,

The user emission profile can only be defined for 1 hour, so the specified value will be contantly released during the hour in the simulation. You will have to calculate the value from your flow rate. On/Off operatiion cannot be simulated, you will have to take it into account when calculating the emission value.
Adjusting the flow step is about the calculation interval of wind flow and is not connected to the pollutant simulation.

Best regards,
Tim

claudia

Postby claudia » Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:59 am

Thank you very much Tim, you clarified my doubts. You are always very friendly and kind. Greetings and thanks again.
Claudia

claudia

Postby claudia » Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:41 am

Good morning to all the staff. I wanted to explain a problem to you: I did the same simulation with and without water spray respecting all the parameters and the initial settings, but the temperature does not change. I performed various simulations, but the results are always the same. I created my "user sources" called "water spray", I entered the hourly flow rates for each nozzle and verified that "multiple sources", "activechem" and "isoprene" are zero. Where can I go wrong? What is the value of the special ID in the database? Please help me understand how water sprays work.

Tim

Postby Tim » Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:23 pm

Hi Claudia,

I think in this topic (you probably already read), some details about water spray are answered, e.g. about the SpecialIDs: http://www.envi-hq.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2716&p=8690&hilit=spray&sid=00d5ba553ec028586a82d7038ab6630f&sid=00d5ba553ec028586a82d7038ab6630f#p8690.

It should definitely have an effect on the output. If you are sure that you digitized the source in your model area and the values defined in the DBManager are large enough, you may zip the SIMX, INX and EDB file and upload the zip here. I will then have a look what could cause the issue.

Best regards,
Tim

Return to “Read the forum/ manual”