Building Performance Simulation outputs

To this forum, we will move all questions that have been answered before several times or can simply be solved by reading the documentation we provide. Questions moved here will not be answered.
Virgil

Postby Virgil » Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:35 am

Hello :D ENVI-met technical staff:
We purchased the license of ENVI-met 4.4.4. I have some questions about the setting of Building Performance Simulation outputs and the generated Excel sheet results in ENVI-met 4.4.4. I hope to get an accurate response and help.
I'm working on a building energy simulation, so I need to extract temperature and relative humidity data around the building. In ENVI-met 4.4.4, my understanding is that I can use the Building Performance Simulation outputs to obtain microclimate data around the building, such as temperature and relative humidity.
1. I can get the temperature and relative humidity data around the building by ticking the building number. Is my understanding correct?
2. I opened an Excel sheet in the simulation results folder building --- BPS. Does TAir_TOP, TAir_BOT, TAir_North, TAir_EAST... refer to the air temperature at the top, bottom, North, East… of the building or the surface temperature? If it is air temperature, how far is the data from the building? Is this data an average over space? In what space range does TAir_MEAN mean the average temperature of the air? Which is the relative humidity data?

Thank you very much for your answers and help.
Virgil
Attachments
微信图片_20191205133311.png
Excel sheet in the simulation results folder building --- BPS
微信图片_20191204223445.jpg

Tim

Re: Building Performance Simulation outputs

Postby Tim » Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:22 am

Hi Virgil,

1. Yes, you get microclimatic data around the building(s) that you ticked in the ENVIguide.
2. The values show the air temperature averaged over each facade side at the top, bottom, north, etc... It is the air temperature directly in front of the facade. TAir_MEAN holds the air temperature in front of facade values averaged over all facades of the building.

Relative humidity was not needed in the BPS simulation project we had and is thus not included in those output files, yet. We will definitely add the relative humidity values in the upcoming versions of ENVI-met.

Best regards,
Tim

Virgil

Postby Virgil » Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:05 pm

Thank you very much for your answers. When will the next version of ENVI-met be released?

Sincerely
Virgil

Tim

Postby Tim » Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:21 am

Hi Virgil,

We will see if those enhanced BPS outputs may be released within the next weeks. Do all BPS simulations need those relative humidity values?

Best regards,
Tim

Tim

Postby Tim » Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:34 pm

Hi Virgil,

We uploaded a new version of ENVI-met where the relative humidity values in front of the facades are included in the BPS output now. You may download it from our homepage.

Best regards,
Tim

Julien

Postby Julien » Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:42 pm

Hi Tim,

I just read this topic and I wonder where I can get the BPS data.

I can't find the window where I tick the buildings in the ENVIguide. Is it a version issue? I'm using V.4.4.3.

Thank you.
Julien

Tim

Postby Tim » Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:22 am

Hi Julien,

Yes, it was just released with version 4.4.4. Further features of this release are found here: http://www.envi-met.info/doku.php?id=apps:updates.

Best regards,
Tim

Return to “Read the forum/ manual”