MONDE beta: bug reports

ENVI-met Monde World Editor (BETA)
helge

MONDE beta: bug reports

Post by helge »

All invited beta testers,

please write the bugs found into this topic.

Please describe:
  • what is happening and what was supposed to happen
  • the exact way to trigger the bug
  • does the bug always occur or are there any dependencies
All the best
Helge

maherrerahu

Re: MONDE beta: bug reports

Post by maherrerahu »

Hello MONDE Team,

It was working normally, but suddenly every time I clicked appear this error and did not let me do anything. Therefore I had to close and reopen the program and it was fixed.

I hope had being useful.

Maria
Attachments
ADRESS.JPG

helge

Post by helge »

maherrerahu wrote:Hello MONDE Team,

It was working normally, but suddenly every time I clicked appear this error and did not let me do anything. Therefore I had to close and reopen the program and it was fixed.

I hope had being useful.

Maria

Dear Maria,

Thank you for the comment. Can you remember what the last operation was before the error occured?

All the best
Helge

maherrerahu

Post by maherrerahu »

helge wrote:
maherrerahu wrote:Hello MONDE Team,

I hope had being useful.

Maria

Dear Maria,

Thank you for the comment. Can you remember what the last operation was before the error occured?

All the best
Helge
Dear Helge. I'm sorry, I do not remember, but I'll try to remember it for next time.

Maxdoya

Post by Maxdoya »

Hi Monde team,

When I am opening a new monde, and I tried to use the existing DB or user DB (-->Myworld-->Settings-->Envi-met projects-->Active project), I cannot get through the user DB. Though one some .monde files created on a previous Beta Version, I can still see (
Interface screenshot
Interface screenshot
) some user DB items from the previous version (they are red-crossed like missing but can still be applied as attributed values).

Is that a bug or I am doing something wrong here (like in the Manage Projects and Workspaces)?

Even if the setting of DB was working, is the export of Wall and Roof material properties written in Attributes are effective?

Best regards

Maxime

enviadmin
Site Admin

Post by enviadmin »

Hi,
Monde used the same database engine like all other ENVI-met apps. So after selecting the right project, you should see the same combination of system and user or project database items as in any other app.
Of course, DB items defined in a monde project and no longer existing will be undefined.
However, seeing the red X in the selection dialog indicates that something is strange
Especially the system branch shall not be empty. if you open the project in the DBManger, is everything as expected there?
Michael

Maxdoya

Post by Maxdoya »

Hi Michael,

In DB manager everything is fine, branches, definition for walls, soils, etc.

Only in monde.exe, I cannot see any project when I try to link it to the project in the settings menu...

I really believe it is due to copying the file.monde and file.layer from previous monde version. Though I cannot find a way to arrange that.

Best regards

Maxime

Agnese

Post by Agnese »

Hi there

I received a password to test the MONDE tool in August but I could update my ENVI-met licence to Science only now.

However, now that I am ready to test it, I cannot figure out where should I find/download the MONDE tool?

Sorry for the silly question and thank you in advance for helping!

Agnese

enviadmin
Site Admin

Post by enviadmin »

Monde is already installed on your system but you need to use the Start Menue and go to the ENVI-met 4 Group to see it...
Michael

frank984

Post by frank984 »

hello,
I downloaded the last basic 4.4 winter 1819 version of ENVI-met.
When I try to follow the step-by-step procedure defined in ENVIGuide, this message error appears:
Eniv_monde.JPG
Can not find ENVI-met (win64\Monde.exe) in the system folder!

Laura

Post by Laura »

frank984 wrote:hello,
I downloaded the last basic 4.4 winter 1819 version of ENVI-met.
When I try to follow the step-by-step procedure defined in ENVIGuide, this message error appears:
Eniv_monde.JPG
Can not find ENVI-met (win64\Monde.exe) in the system folder!

Hi Frank,

Thank you for your bug report! We are currently fixing the problem and will distribute it shortly.
If there are any other problems, don't hesitate to tell us.

Thank you,
Cheers,
Laura

Laura

Post by Laura »

Hello again,

We created a new setup.exe with a fix for the bug you described.
Thank you for your input.

Dishant

Post by Dishant »

Hey Monde team,
How can I use the monde file for the simulation? When I open the file only .INX file are available and not the .monde files and also when I access the get topography option I am getting an error message,

Thank you in advance.
Dishant
Attachments
error.png

Tim

Post by Tim »

Hi Dishant,

is your computer connected to the internet? If not, the Topography cannot be downloaded.

You need to export a model area out of monde in order to get an INX-file for your simulation.

Best regards
Tim

Dishant

Post by Dishant »

Thank you sir.
I am already connected to internet but still it does not allow me to download the topography and show's this message. Any other reasons?
and is there any tutorial or documentation available for monde? if yes, please provide the link to it.