MONDE beta: feature requests

ENVI-met Monde World Editor (BETA)
helge

MONDE beta: feature requests

Post by helge »

Dear Beta users,

Please write your feature requests here.
Also state the importance and in your opinion where (which menu) the feature should be provided

All the best
Helge

maherrerahu

Re: MONDE beta: feature requests

Post by maherrerahu »

helge wrote:Dear Beta users,

Also state the importance and in your opinion where (which menu) the feature should be provided

All the best
Helge

Hello MONDE Team,

I think that it would be very useful to have a tool like a "extrude". Where you can simple select every building (shape) and give it the height. This could really facilitate the work of redraw each building and assigning it height. I consider that the option "extrude" it can be habilitate when every building is selected.

I hope had being useful.

Maria

helge

Post by helge »

maherrerahu wrote:

All the best
Helge

Hello MONDE Team,

I think that it would be very useful to have a tool like a "extrude". Where you can simple select every building (shape) and give it the height. This could really facilitate the work of redraw each building and assigning it height. I consider that the option "extrude" it can be habilitate when every building is selected.

I hope had being useful.

Maria
Dear Maria,

thank you for your suggestion! Did I understand you correctly: You want to draw a rectangle and select multiple buildings. Then you want to set the height for all selected buildings at once.

Cheers
Helge

maherrerahu

Post by maherrerahu »

helge wrote:
maherrerahu wrote:

All the best
Helge

Hello MONDE Team,

I hope had being useful.

Maria
Dear Maria,

thank you for your suggestion! Did I understand you correctly: You want to draw a rectangle and select multiple buildings. Then you want to set the height for all selected buildings at once.

Cheers
Helge

Dear Helge,

Yes! that's what I mean. Because normally in each block there are different heights.

Kind regards

maherrerahu

Post by maherrerahu »

Hello MONDE team!

I wanted to know if there is a way to easily digitize the DEM in MONDE, because my case study is in Medellin, Colombia and I have to simulate one urbanization on the hillside. I already get topography, but when I export to INX it doesnt appear in spaces. plattform.

Thank you for your help

Maria

enviadmin
Site Admin

Post by enviadmin »

Hi Maria

the DEM Export is not yet finished but will come in the next update

Michael

jakob.maercker

Post by jakob.maercker »

Hi Michael

MONDE is great to use GIS data for buildings!
I am using the latest update (WinterRelease 1819) and try using the DEM Export from MONDE but it does not work. Is there any other way to import terrain data (SRTM, other georeferenced raster terrain data,....) for my model area?

Jakob

Tim

Post by Tim »

Hi Jakob,

the DEM export should work properly. Which problem do you encounter?

Best regards
Tim

jakob.maercker

Post by jakob.maercker »

Hi Tim,

when I use "Get Topography" in Monde the imported terrain data (ALOS and/or SRTM) is flat. The values for topography in "layer properties" also do not fit to this area (1000m to 1008m in Monde; in my model area 150m - 250m asl (City of Jena, Germany). When I "create ENVI-met Model" in Monde "Topography" is turned on but in SPACES there is no terrain data from the .INX file.

Thank your for the support
Jakob

enviadmin
Site Admin

Post by enviadmin »

Hello Jacob
are you sure that you have set the right UTM settings for your location?
The 30m SRTM is the most reliable one, the ALOS data are mostly empty.
If you check „keep file for later use“ you can also open the file in an editor and see whats in it.
Opening external DEM files will be added in the upcoming versions

Michael

jakob.maercker

Post by jakob.maercker »

Hi Michael,

Thank your for your advice. I tried to use the SRTM data in another part of the city and it worked with 30mSRTM. Picture 1. Worked only more north, not in my area of interest.

So I tried not to use "fit map to SHP extend" while Import SHP file. And the good news is that it workes! so Problem fixed.

Thank you
Jakob