Simple vegetation and type of surface

ENVI-met Monde World Editor (BETA)
maherrerahu

Simple vegetation and type of surface

Post by maherrerahu »

Hello MONDE team!

I would like to know if there is any way to import simple vegetation and type of surface without the vegetation overlapping it, since this is not letting me see the surfaces already created.

On the other hand, I created the DEM manually after import from MONDE, but the surface materials that are in 2D are not assign to the DEM, I can only appreciate the grass, in addition to that the buildings do not adapt to the slope. Should I assign a higher height depending of the DEM hight?

Am I doing some wrong procedure? I attach images to clarify my doubt.

NOTE: If I firstly create an archive with the DEM, there is a way to import later all the other things?

Thank you very much for your help
Attachments
2.JPG
1.JPG
Edificios.JPG
Surface.JPG
Escalonada.JPG
Edificios sin dem.JPG

helge

Re: Simple vegetation and type of surface

Post by helge »

maherrerahu wrote:Hello MONDE team!

I would like to know if there is any way to import simple vegetation and type of surface without the vegetation overlapping it, since this is not letting me see the surfaces already created.

On the other hand, I created the DEM manually after import from MONDE, but the surface materials that are in 2D are not assign to the DEM, I can only appreciate the grass, in addition to that the buildings do not adapt to the slope. Should I assign a higher height depending of the DEM hight?

NOTE: If I firstly create an archive with the DEM, there is a way to import later all the other things?

Dear maherrerahu,

when you click "Create ENVI-met Model..." and then in the new dialog "Options" then you should be able to deselect the option "Grow simple plant on loam LO".

About the second question. DEM is currently not supported in MONDE. We will include it in the coming updates. In SPACES however you can use the option "Use absolute z-data" in the buildings tabs to enable or disable buildingheight adaption to the DEM.

About the height in general: Yes you will need to increase your model area height when using DEM.

Best
Helge

maherrerahu

Re: Simple vegetation and type of surface

Post by maherrerahu »

helge wrote:
maherrerahu wrote:Hello MONDE team!

Dear maherrerahu,

when you click "Create ENVI-met Model..." and then in the new dialog "Options" then you should be able to deselect the option "Grow simple plant on loam LO".

About the second question. DEM is currently not supported in MONDE. We will include it in the coming updates. In SPACES however you can use the option "Use absolute z-data" in the buildings tabs to enable or disable buildingheight adaption to the DEM.

About the height in general: Yes you will need to increase your model area height when using DEM.

Best
Helge

Dear Helge,

Thank you very much !!

Maria