VCRUNTIME140.dll

ENVI-met Monde World Editor (BETA)
MelissaCcCfghh

VCRUNTIME140.dll

Post by MelissaCcCfghh »

I tried to open Monde and a System error message appears with the following: The code execution cannot proceed because VCRUNTIME140.dll was not found.
I have tried to install the software and reinstall it several times but is nothing.
How may I solve this problem?
Thank you for your help!

Tim

Re: VCRUNTIME140.dll

Post by Tim »

Hi,

We observed this problem with other libraries of our newest enhancements but not with the Monde versions.
Please check that all Windows Updates were installed correctly and restart the computer. Install ENVI-met again.
If it still does not work, it could be that there is a Microsoft Component missing: Please install Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 SP1 Redistributable Package (found here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-hk/downloa ... x?id=13523).

Best regards,
Tim

MelissaCcCfghh

Post by MelissaCcCfghh »

Dear Tim,
I have tried everything as suggested but the message continues as you may see on the attached picture.
Please let me know if there is another solution I can try?

Best regards,
Melissa
Attachments
Error message.png

Tim

Post by Tim »

Hi Melissa,

It seems to be included in another Microsoft component than the one we observed problems with.
Try it with that component: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downloa ... x?id=52685.

Best regards,
Tim

MelissaCcCfghh

Post by MelissaCcCfghh »

Hi Tim,
The problem remains, please help me!. I am running the latest version on Windows 10 Pro, 64-bit operating system, maybe this information may help.

Thank you!
Best regards,
Melissa

MelissaCcCfghh

Post by MelissaCcCfghh »

Hi Tim,
I tried with another link from Microsoft and it seems to have solved the issue. I believe this one solved it: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downloa ... x?id=52685

All the best,
Melissa

mrogers

Post by mrogers »

Hi ENVI-met team, I too am having the VCRUNTIME140.dll error when attempting to launch Monde. I have tried installing all 3 of the links shared previously in this thread, but am still encountering the issue. I am running ENVI-met 4.4.5 and have tried reinstalling the software as well, to no avail. Any recommendations for how to resolve this error would be greatly appreciated.

Laura

Post by Laura »

Dear Mr. Rogers,

As we cannot reproduce the error message on our side, I would like to suggest some things that you can try out on your system:

1. You could try to download the VCRUNTIME140.dll directly (from a safe source!!!), move it to the same folder as the Monde.exe lays in and try to start the program.

2. Uninstall all Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Packages chronologically (starting with the oldest). Then, when all are uninstalled, reinstall them (e.g. starting 2007 or 2008) in a chronological order (again starting with the oldest).

Does this fix your problem?

Best,
Laura

mrogers

Post by mrogers »

Laura wrote:Dear Mr. Rogers,

As we cannot reproduce the error message on our side, I would like to suggest some things that you can try out on your system:

1. You could try to download the VCRUNTIME140.dll directly (from a safe source!!!), move it to the same folder as the Monde.exe lays in and try to start the program.

2. Uninstall all Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Packages chronologically (starting with the oldest). Then, when all are uninstalled, reinstall them (e.g. starting 2007 or 2008) in a chronological order (again starting with the oldest).

Does this fix your problem?

Best,
Laura
Hi Laura, I placed the .dll file directly in the folder with Monde.exe and we are up and running! Thank you so much for your help!!