Green wall - effect on PET

This is the place to post and discuss your project results, ideas, visions and other things in your mind (...-related to ENVI-met ;)...) with other users.

Remember: This is a forum on technical Q on ENVI-met. We can not/ will not analyse your project results for you(although we might give hints).
Ila

Green wall - effect on PET

Postby Ila » Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:34 pm

Hi ENVI-met team,
I'm trying to test the effects of greenwall on thermal comfort, but I've some doubts about the results.
The model consist of a reference building (n°1) and a green facade building (n°2).
Thanks to green, the building surface temperature 2 is lower than 1.
Considering also the evapotraspiration effetct of plant, I expected to find lower Tmrt and PET value near building 2 - but it wasn't so.
Have you got some explanations?
Thanks for your attention,
Best regards
Ilaria
Attachments
Wall Temp..png
Tmrt_.jpg
PET.png
Leaf Temp..png

Tim

Re: Green wall - effect on PET

Postby Tim » Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:14 pm

Hi Ilaria,

TMRT is calculated with the received radiation values of the surrounding. Plant and soil temperatures are averaged over the model area for the calculation of the radiation values.
You checked the PET for 9 am. The influence might be not that large at that time, so you could check later hours as well. If it influences the PET depends on several factors, e.g. how much water does the greenery get. If you are still searching for reasons, you may firstly analyze the air temperature, humidity and wind speed in order to find out how large the influence of the greenery is expected to be.

Best regards,
Tim

Ila

Re: Green wall - effect on PET

Postby Ila » Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:36 am

Hi Tim,
thanks for your answers.
Regards
Ilaria

Return to “Projects & Results & Ideas”