Spaces - Fill ans Draw Functions

Here you can post what you miss in recent versions of ENVI-met or related software...
triple-d

Spaces - Fill ans Draw Functions

Postby triple-d » Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:06 am

Hi

due to the possibility of SPACES to edit very large grid fields, it would be very helpfull to have functions to fill / replace Items or to draw a ine of items, see the suggestions below. This concerns espacially DEM, soils and Vegetation, but would be usefull also for the other items.

Best Regards, Dirk
Attachments
Line.jpg
Replace.jpg

Tim

Re: Spaces - Fill ans Draw Functions

Postby Tim » Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:03 am

Hi Dirk,

Thank you for your suggestions. That would be great indeed. We will definitely add it to our list. However, Spaces is a very old and limited program, adding new features most often leads to issues at the other side of the program. An easy option to draw such features in no time would be to digitize them in Monde.

Best regards,
Tim

triple-d

Postby triple-d » Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:48 am

Hi Tim,

I would prefer Spaces at now, because in Monde the OSM data have not the accuracy which I need for legal/law aspects in expertises. On the orher hand, the import of data as Shapes causes problems untill now. And I'm missing the possibility to Import/load/use WMS/WCS-Links, Google Earth or georeferenced Orthobitmaps.

Therefore, I would encorage you to build in drawing and filling functions into Spaces.

Thanks and best regards,

Dirk

enviadmin
Site Admin

Postby enviadmin » Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:03 am

Hi Dirk
if the OSM is not accurate enough you might use SHP files from the official data. There should not be too many problems with them.
The option to add aereal photos will added in Monde, but Spaces most likely will not get furher updates
best
Michael

triple-d

Postby triple-d » Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:03 pm

Thanks Michael,

That is a pity.

One more thing I'm missing in SPACES is a cleaning function for DEM within the "cleaning area tool". Please, can you add this function?

Best regards,
Dirk

Tim

Postby Tim » Sun Apr 19, 2020 7:47 am

Hi Dirk,

If the model is still in 2.5D mode, you can clean the DEM in the DEM tab with the button Clear DEM. In 3d mode it is not possible yet and will probably not be added anymore.

Best regards,
Tim

triple-d

Postby triple-d » Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:58 am

Ah, I see!

Thanks Tim!

Best Regards,
Dirk

Return to “Wishlist for future versions”