Nesting grids problem in Leonardo

Post here for very basic questions and request for help...
But: BEFORE you post, read the older posts if your question hasn't been answered before.
Please be specific. Q like "I don't understand ENVI-met" will most likely be ignored.
kac116

Nesting grids problem in Leonardo

Postby kac116 » Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:34 am

Hi all,
I simulated an area of ​​24.5m x 33m, resolution 0.5mx0.5mx2m (0.4m in the lowest 5 cells). I used 40 nesting grids and added them to the simulation to see them in Leonardo. I opened my area in Leonardo, and the main area looks very small, of course, so I cut the nesting grid to analyze my main area, but when I select the upper left corner and lower right corner coordinates to cut only my main area, it appears only 3/4 of my model area. This problem occurs regardless of the selected coordinates, I always get 3/4 of the model area. Do you know why this happens?

Thank you!

Tim

Re: Nesting grids problem in Leonardo

Postby Tim » Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:08 pm

Hi,

It could be because of the very low resolution of 0.5 m which we normally don't do or because of the very large amount of nesting grids which are deprecated in general and should not be used anymore.
I would recommend to run the model again without nesting grids and 1 m resolution. Add some empty cells at each border and the nesting grids are not needed.

Best regards,
Tim

kac116

Re: Nesting grids problem in Leonardo

Postby kac116 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:10 am

Great, thank you, Tim

Return to “Beginner's Corner”