The same simulation on 2 computers shows different results

Something strange in your ENVI-met? Please post here...
Ila

The same simulation on 2 computers shows different results

Postby Ila » Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:43 pm

Hello Envi_met team,
I've run the same simulation on 2 computers and obtained different outputs. I've created all the Envimet files on my personal computer and then copied and transferred on another one, included project database and so on.
I've just read about the same unresolved issue in a previous post. I decided to repost it to provide other data to analyze the problem, thinking that I could be useful.( I hope )
I noted that the log output files are different: one of them has a warning moreover, the stripes look different in timesteps and calculations...
(The more coherent simulation seems the one that was modeled and run on my personal computer with the "original" files).

Log files are attached here
https://we.tl/t-iIMqQiPJAv

Thanks for your attention
Best regards

Tim

Re: The same simulation on 2 computers shows different results

Postby Tim » Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:59 am

Hi,

They were not run with the same ENVI-met version.
The simulation which was started a few days later (Ila PT sud) ran on a PC with an older ENVI-met version of 4.4.4. You can see it in the line "ENVI-MET® V4.4.4 Winter19/20 © ENVI_MET GmbH Essen, Michael Bruse and Team, 1997-2019"
whereas it says in the newer version of 4.4.4 which was used for the other simulation:
ENVI-MET® V4.4.4 Winter19/20 © ENVI_MET GmbH Essen, Michael Bruse and Team, 1997-2020"
As the simulation showed an error in wind field initialisation for the older ENVI-met version, there was probably a fix that solved this issue which was released silently to improve the ENVI-met version.

Best regards,
Tim

Ila

Re: The same simulation on 2 computers shows different results

Postby Ila » Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:58 pm

Hi Tim,
I was very foolish, I haven't seen the different years at all!
Thank you for the information!

Regards,

Ilaria

Return to “Bug Reports”